Wasabi Backup Sofware for MSPs, Resellers, and IT Pros
If you are thinking about starting a cloud backup service and want it branded as your own. Or if you have an existing backup service and are looking for a more competitive ‘cheaper’ storage option that is blazing fast. Or if you have existing customers and would like to white-label a cloud backup software and start offering business-class offsite backup services.
What Is Wasabi
Wasabi Hot Cloud Storage is a universal, one size fits all cloud object storage service that eliminates confusing storage tiers and satisfies nearly all storage performance requirements. They are compatible with the S3 storage API and provide transfer speeds 7.2 x times faster than S3. Wasabi has 12 data centers across its regions. It’s good to note that Wasabi storage regions are deployed in fully secure and redundant data centers that are certified for SOC-2, ISO 27001, and PCI-DSS. Wasabi users have full control over where their data is stored by selecting the region-specific bucket.
What Is WholesaleBackup
WholesaleBackup is a software development company specializing in data backup and recovery. The US-Based company has over 15 years of experience working with MSPs, IT Pros, Networking Firms, and Computer Support & Repair companies as Partners who have white-labeled the backup software and offered it under their own companies. What sets WholesaleBackup apart from other backup software companies is that they do not resell or markup the storage, this offers its partners more flexibility to be creative with pricing, save money, and obtain the best ROI.
WholesaleBackup Software + Wasabi Storage
Many of our backup resellers pair the WholesaleBackup cloud backup platform with Wasabi cloud storage. In their opinion, it delivers solid value, between data transfer speeds, storage costs, available regions and data centers, and total cost per endpoint. Learn more on the Wasabi Backup software page.
What MSPs Are Saying
“ My opinion:
- Management (Dave), 10/10 – Responsive and open
- Support (Nason), 10/10 – Responsive and helpful, I could not ask for more.
- Cost, 8/10 – I think the price per user is good.
- Ability to choose your own storage – 8/10, I wish they would allow FTP.
- Stability of the product – 9/10 – very rarely a problem.
- Ability to backup file server (shares) – 10/10 – Just works.
- Ability to restore files – 10/10 – just works. ”
At-a-Glance: Wasabi Backup Software Features
Designed for IT professionals, the backup software has all of the key features available so you can start offering and selling offsite cloud backup and recovery services to your business customers, labeled as your own product. Here’s a short list of just some of the features.
- Incremental backups with super-fast file scanning for differential changes
- Precision block-level storage and compression dramatically decrease the amount of data required on vaults, both onsite and offsite for Wasabi cloud storage.
- Easily process large files such as SQL databases, disk images, and VMs.
- Multi-threaded processing provides greater efficiencies in handling large volumes of small files for faster backups.
- Handles strict regulatory compliance, for banking, payment, and medical data requirements.
- AES 256 Military-grade encryption
- Scheduled and Continuous backup modes
- Customized backup jobs, for backing up different datasets on different days.
- Retention – set the retention rate that makes sense for you and your customers.
- Versioning – keep multiple versions of files that provide additional options when recovering.
- Manage backup accounts remotely from the Backup Ops web console.
- Restore disk images, VMs, databases, full systems, or files and folders.
- Recover to another machine or system.
- Software is fully brandable
- Modern GUI runs from any web browser
- Resellers like you are backed by a US-based engineering and support team.
10 Risks of Not Using Cloud Backup for SMB Customers
Some important concerns to be aware of when it comes to business data and continuity. Having a backup plan is a must when you are a business entity, ensuring documents are stored in a encrypted, secure, and safe manner is paramount. If you have customers already who are using your IT services, then why not offer an additional layer of security and peace of mind? Your customers will thank you for it later.
- Data loss: Not having a backup system in place leaves your data vulnerable to loss from various risks such as hardware failure, natural disasters, theft, or cyber-attacks.
- Time and cost of recovery: If you lose your data, recovering it can be a costly and time-consuming process, especially if you don’t have a backup. This can affect your business operations and productivity.
- Data corruption: Over time, data can become corrupted, leading to data loss or incorrect data analysis. Cloud backup software can prevent data corruption by ensuring data is regularly backed up and can be restored to a previous point in time.
- Compliance violations: Failing to comply with industry regulations and legal requirements can lead to fines, legal action, and damage to your reputation.
- Inability to scale: If your business grows and you don’t have a scalable backup solution, you may struggle to keep up with the growing demand for storage and data protection.
- Lack of accessibility: If you rely solely on on-premises backup solutions, you may face accessibility issues if you need to access your data remotely.
- Security risks: Not having proper security measures in place for your data can lead to security breaches, data theft, and loss of sensitive information.
- Reputation damage: Data loss or system failure can lead to customer dissatisfaction, loss of business, and damage to your reputation.
- Competitive disadvantage: Businesses that don’t use cloud backup may be at a competitive disadvantage compared to those that do, especially if their competitors can recover from data loss or system failure quickly and efficiently.
- Limited collaboration: Without a backup system in place, sharing and collaborating on data with colleagues, clients, and vendors can be risky and result in data loss. Cloud backup software allows for secure and easy collaboration.
7 Suggestions for a Great Backup Strategy for Your Small and Midsize Business Customers
Having a strategy is much more dynamic, not only does it show your customer you really care about the service you are offering, but it also helps to keep the backup service trusted, fresh, and a key part of the business continuity plans. Following these 7 points can help you create a successful and thriving backup service.
- Determine your backup frequency: Determine how often your data needs to be backed up based on your business needs and the amount of data generated. This could be daily, weekly, or monthly backups, depending on the volume of data and the importance of the data.
- Choose a backup solution: Select a reliable backup solution that meets your business needs, such as a cloud-based backup solution or a combination of cloud-based and on-premise solutions.
- Implement an incremental backup strategy: Implement an incremental backup strategy, which involves backing up only the data that has changed since the last backup. This will help reduce backup times and storage requirements.
- Use encryption: Use encryption to protect your data during the backup process and while it’s stored in the backup location. This will ensure that your data is secure and protected from unauthorized access.
- Test your backups: Regularly test your backups to ensure they are working correctly and can be easily restored in case of data loss. This will help you identify any issues with your backup strategy and make necessary changes.
- Store backups offsite: Store backups in a secure offsite location to protect against natural disasters, theft, or other unforeseen events that could damage your primary data storage location.
- Assign backup responsibilities: Assign backup responsibilities to specific individuals or teams within your organization to ensure that backups are performed consistently and according to the backup strategy.
3 Steps to Building Your Wasabi Backup Software Service
The process is quick and simple and will only take about 5 minutes. Then you can begin deploying and installing your new Wasabi cloud backup service on Windows and macOS computers, servers, and laptops. Backing up databases, files, and folders, and creating system and disk images backups.
- Start your no-risk free trial, and select Wasabi as the storage backend.
- Create a Wasabi account and generate an API key and secret password for the backup service (follow the prompt in your web console).
- Build the software installer from the web console adding your logo, Wasabi API keys, and any other customizations or branding you want.
Your branded wasabi backup software service is compiled and ready in 2 mins. To deploy, run the installer executable on any Windows or macOS system, and select the important files, folders, databases, or disk images for backing up using the GUI. Now just wait for the scheduled backup time, or start it immediately.
Now that you have completed the installation and deployment, the Wasabi backup software service will handle the rest. You can now manage and monitor the backup account from your Backup Ops web console. Additionally, you can set up email alerts and summary reports.
If you’re wondering how to price your wasabi backup service, we have a page dedicated to that which talks about a few popular backup pricing strategies that work really well.
Frequently Asked Questions About The Wasabi Backup Software
By default, all data is stored offsite, during the backup process it will be encrypted and transmitted to your selected Wasabi data center (region). If you enable local backups a storage vault will be provisioned onsite, using the computer’s attached or networked storage.
Yes, the backup software will generate bare-metal disk images used to recover a system through a Windows Recovery Environment or make a system state image that can be used to roll the server settings back to a previous good state.
The backup management web console includes the remote manager that allows you to interact with a deployed backup client make changes and perform actions.
Yes, you can install the backup client installer on the destination computer using the same account_name and password combination used on the other computer. Hit the “Refresh” button on the Restore tab, and select data to recover.
Label & Launch Your Backup Software in 5 Mins
Start your all-inclusive, no-risk, free trial today